[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS web site design help?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:02:22 -0400

On Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:30:35 AM +0200 Franco <senseiwa@mac.com>
wrote:

> In first place I don't want to spend too much time on such things,
> that's why the search for a nice looking and easy to use interface is
> important, focusing more on /what/ and not spending hours on how.  Plone
> seems to me a easy way to cfm instead of using plain zope.  Rigth now we
> have the site running on a linux distro (which one I  don't know) with
> apache 1.3, quite old. Bringing up plone on apache 2  with a debian is
> quite easy.

Maybe, but it's completely unnecessary, and adds complexity we don't need.
We _have_ a new web server, and we have a means to manage content that is
entirely sufficient for our needs.  We are _not_ looking for new complex
tools to solve problems we don't have.

What we _are_ looking for is volunteers to help maintain the content.

   GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG/OpenAFS.ORG postmaster, webmaster, etc