[OpenAFS] How to store files in OpenAFS

Chris Huebsch chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:06:23 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in wrote:

> I have installed OpenAFS 1.4.2 on Fedora 5 using the downloaded rpms. I'm able to create partition and volumes(root.afs, root.cell, afsdoc).
> Whenever I start openafs client, I'm able to see the directory for cell created under /afs as /afs/mypc.co.in
> But when I try to list the contents of the cell, it is not allowing me to access the same.

Do you have a valid AFS-Token? See the output of the command "token". If
not, get one (with "klog") for a user with admin-rights (e.g. admin).

> # ls /afs/mypc.co.in/
> ls: /afs/mypc.co.in/: Permission denied

Looks like you do not have a token.

> # fs setacl /afs  system:anyuser rl
> fs:'/afs': Connection timed out

I guess you are using dynroot - if you do, than /afs is no longer a real
volume (root.afs), but dynamically populated by the afsd.

> # fs mkmount /afs/mypc.co.in afsdoc
> fs: cell dynroot not in /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB

This is an other problem. But perhaps related to your token problem too.

> How to get access rights to the cell?
> Further, how one can store/retrieve a file from OpenAFS?

AFS integrates intself completely in the kernel of your OS. You can use
it like any other (local) filesystem. Any programm, wich uses the
ordinary vfs-interface for writing files (in fact every programm does),
can use AFS.

Chris
--
  TU Chemnitz, Informatik, VSR  | Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2007, 3.-4. Maerz
   Str. d. Nationen 62, B204    |     http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de