[OpenAFS] How to store files in OpenAFS

shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:01:37 +0530 (IST)

Hi.

I have installed OpenAFS 1.4.2 on Fedora 5 using the downloaded rpms. I'm able to create partition and volumes(root.afs, root.cell, afsdoc).
Whenever I start openafs client, I'm able to see the directory for cell created under /afs as /afs/mypc.co.in
But when I try to list the contents of the cell, it is not allowing me to access the same.

# ls /afs/mypc.co.in/
ls: /afs/mypc.co.in/: Permission denied

Further, following commands are failing.

# fs setacl /afs  system:anyuser rl
fs:'/afs': Connection timed out

# fs setacl /afs/mypc.co.in  system:anyuser rl
fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs/mypc.co.in'

# fs mkmount /afs/mypc.co.in afsdoc
fs: cell dynroot not in /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB

# fs examine /afs
fs:'/afs': Connection timed out

# fs examine /afs/mypc.co.in
fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs/mypc.co.in'

How to get access rights to the cell?
Further, how one can store/retrieve a file from OpenAFS?

Thanks and Regards,
Shailesh Joshi