[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-win32-devel] What changed after 1.4.1?

Andrew Radamis rust710@gmail.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:03:19 -0500

------=_Part_125729_18291659.1165971799053

I am using the AFS kaserver for authentication, so my next question is what
should I do? Should I convert my AFS cell to use Kerberos 5 with KFW, or is
there another solution I'm over looking? Also, could someone direct me to a
good guide of some kind on how to do this?

Thanks,

Andrew

(Redirected question from openafs-win32 where it didn't belong.)

On 12/12/06, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com > wrote:

> Andrew:
>
> "Authentication Server was unavailable" implies that you are using
> the AFS kaserver for authentication and not Kerberos 5 using KFW.
> Is this correct?
>
> If so, I am not aware of any changes in the kauth code.  However,
> the kauth client code in Windows does not see very much usage anymore
> so it is possible that it broke an no one noticed.
>
> Jeffrey Altman
>
> P.S. - End user questions such as this should be sent to the
> openafs-info mailing list in the future.
>

> Andrew Radamis wrote:
> > I have a small AFS network setup, where I have AFS integrated login
> > setup with the same login id, passwords, and UID values as the samba
> > PDC. After attempting to upgrade the Windows AFS client to any version
> > after 1.4.1, integrated login no longer works. I get a "Authentication
> > Server was unavailable" message box a few seconds after the loging
> > attempt, and the following message in the system event log:
> >
> > Event Type:    Warning
> > Event Source:    AFS Logon
> > Event Category:    None
> > Event ID:    1008
> > Date:        12/11/2006
> > Time:        4:56:48 PM
> > User:        N/A
> > Computer:    WOOT1
> > The description for Event ID ( 1008 ) in Source ( AFS Logon ) cannot be
> > found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
> > information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
> > computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
> > description; see Help and Support for details. The following information
> > is part of the event: Integrated login failed: Authentication Server was
>
> > unavailable.
> >
> > I've done some searching and have found no other reference to anyone
> > else having this problem.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andrew

------=_Part_125729_18291659.1165971799053

I am using the AFS kaserver for authentication, so my next question is what should I do? Should I convert my AFS cell to use Kerberos 5 with KFW, or is there another solution I'm over looking? Also, could someone direct me to a good guide of some kind on how to do this?
jaltman@secure-endpoints.com
</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">Andrew:<br><br>&quot;Authentication Server was unavailable&quot; implies that you are using

------=_Part_125729_18291659.1165971799053--