[OpenAFS] pam-afs-session 1.1 released

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:33:02 -0800

I'm pleased to announce release 1.1 of pam-afs-session.  This fixes an
embarassing build-system bug and adds optional support for retrieving
configuration from krb5.conf.

pam-afs-session is a PAM module intended for use with a Kerberos v5 PAM
module to obtain an AFS PAG and AFS tokens on login.  It puts every new
session in a PAG regardless of whether it was authenticated with Kerberos
and runs a configurable external program to obtain tokens.  It supports
using Heimdal's libkafs for the AFS interface and falls back to an
internal Linux-only implementation if libkafs isn't available.

Changes from previous release:

    Add optional support for linking with the Kerberos libraries and
    obtaining configuration from the system krb5.conf file.

    Add the kdestroy option which, if built with Kerberos support, removes
    the ticket cache after successfully running aklog.

    Actually link with libkafs if we detect it at configure time.

    Fix a bug in reporting unknown options.

You can download it from:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/pam-afs-session/>

Debian packages will be uploaded to Debian unstable after the etch
release.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.