[OpenAFS] Solaris 10 11/06 afs 1.4.2 pam module panic.

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:52:21 -0500

On Tuesday, December 19, 2006 03:52:39 PM -0800 Carson Gaspar
<carson@taltos.org> wrote:

>  > meem wrote:
>  > Is there a reason they're not using crsetugid() (see ddi_cred(9F)) to
> > do this? Seems like if they had, everything would've worked fine.

Well, that interface did not exist prior to Solaris 10, and AFS is quite a
bit older than that.  We're not using it because so far, nothing has broken
which has caused us to take notice of its existence.  Now that we know
about it, we can use it, though of course only on AFS_SUN510_ENV.

Further discussion of the details of this work belongs on openafs-devel.

-- Jeff