[OpenAFS] Problem in creating/replicating volumes

shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:07:44 +0530 (IST)

Hi

Output of udebug is as below.

#  udebug 10.77.5.155 7003
return code -1 from VOTE_Debug

# udebug 10.88.88.41 7003 : gives different output, which I think is proper output.

If it is the problem with server's clock, how could it be resolved?

Thanks and Regards,
Shailesh

Date: Thu 21 Dec 11:37:33 IST 2006
From: FB <fbo2@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Problem in creating/replicating volumes
To: openafs <openafs-info@openafs.org>

Hi,

My first guess is, that the server's clock are not in sync.

What is the output of
udebug 10.77.5.155 7003

?

Regards,
Frank

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 10:46:46AM +0530, shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have added 2 servers in my cell.
> My CellServDB is as follows.
>
> >ps2750.pspl.co.in        #Cell name
> 10.77.5.155    #ps2095.pspl.co.in
> 10.88.88.41    #ps2750.pspl.co.in
>
> When I try to create a volume to any of these servers/ replicate  a volume using "vos addsite" command I'm getting following error.
>
> #vos addsite  ps2095.persistent.co.in /vicepa root.afs -cell ps2750.pspl.co.in -verbose -noauth
>
>  Could not lock the VLDB entry for the volume 536870912
> u: no quorum elected
> Error in vos addsite command.
> u: no quorum elected

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.