[OpenAFS] Problem in creating/replicating volumes

Chris Huebsch chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:23:47 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, shailesh_joshi@persistent.co.in wrote:

> Output of udebug is as below.
>
> #  udebug 10.77.5.155 7003
> return code -1 from VOTE_Debug

This is the same error, I get, when I ask one of my AFS-Servers which
does not provide any of the database servers, but just plain
fileserving.

It seems, they are not started or not installed on 10.77.5.155. Can you
check, if there are ptserver, vlserver (and perhaps kaserver) running at
that machine?

If not, look at the manal for "adding another databaseserver" or
something like that.

Unfortunately you did not post the udebug-output of the other host. It
might have shown some important information.

Regards

Chris
--
  TU Chemnitz, Informatik, VSR  | Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2007, 3.-4. Maerz
   Str. d. Nationen 62, B204    |     http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de