[OpenAFS] Re: openafs does not put a [correct] value in fsinfo.f_type?

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Sun, 24 Dec 2006 23:59:31 -0500

Adam Megacz <megacz@cs.berkeley.edu> writes:
> To: openafs-info@openafs.org
> From: Adam Megacz <megacz@cs.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: [OpenAFS] Re: openafs does not put a [correct] value in fsinfo.f_type?
> Sender: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
> Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 18:34:10 -0800

> >>Neither does NFS, but it reports 0x6969.
> >
> > statfs man page says:
> >
> >                  NFS_SUPER_MAGIC       0x6969
>
> Yes.  So why is AFS reporting 0x0000 if that isn't "its magic"?
>
> I fear we're going around in circles here.

linux reports 0 for AFS because that is what it is programmed
to do.  This is on or around line 421 in file src/afs/LINUX/osi_vfsops.c
where it fills in fields in "statp", inside a function called "afs_statfs".
There's even an interesting explanatory comment there.

This is the sort of question where the best answer would be, to
paraphrase Luke:
	"Use the Source!"

				-Marcus Watts