[OpenAFS] Re: strange behavior on -rc6 / MacOS: works on first boot, not thereafter

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 05 Feb 2006 19:36:12 -0800

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
> Comment out the CheckForNetwork bit and it will start every time, but
> if you do, make sure you have -dynroot as an afsd option.

Thanks, Derrick!

Unless I'm mistaken, this generalized behavior (use dynroot, always
start AFS at boot even if no network is available) is the default for
Windows.  Is there any chance that the corresponding Mac default
settings could be changed to this behavior in time for 1.4.1 final?

Dynroot is the coolest thing since sliced bread.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380