[OpenAFS] auto clearning cache on windows

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:06:34 -0700

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 10:49:22AM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> David Bear wrote:
> > I have noticed on two machine using openafs 1.4.008 that the local
> > cache file will get some kind of corruption. This manifests itself
> > when the use attempts to open a file they can browse to with the
> > windows explorer (or any other file manager). They will get an invalid
> > file handle returned by whatever application attempted to open the
> > file.
> >
> > I fix this by erasing the cache file, and moving it to a different
> > location.
> >
> > I was wondering if there was a way to automatically clear the cache
> > when windows shutdown. That would be a nifty reg entry.
>
> No there isn't.   But if you have a reproducible case for a bug
> why don't you submit a bug report so the bug can be fixed.

not sure whose bug it is though. In both cases they were MS Office
documents; one an excel spreadsheet, one a word doc. It may be
something weird with the way office is handling files.

Seems to me the 'easy' approach would be to just clear the cache.

The diffuculty is that this appeared on two different machines that
belong to administrators -- and they don't like any downtime on their
systems. So, putting on the debug tools is more than just a pita...

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257