[OpenAFS] Re: feasibility of moving lightweight-principals issue "upstream" to kerberos

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:09:04 -0800

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
> Because of that, I think you'd be best off if whatever technical solution
> you came up with looked like Kerberos from the AFS perspective.

Yes, I'm happy with a krb524d-style solution (where the OpenAFS client
transparently handles the additional hoop-jumping incurred by the
layering) rather than a solution like gssklogd in its current state
(where the user has to download and compile some separate utility and
generally expend a lot of extra effort).

This is really what I need to get a feel for before I start.

  - a