[OpenAFS] Re: feasibility of moving lightweight-principals issue "upstream" to kerberos

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:19:35 -0500

>Yes, I'm happy with a krb524d-style solution (where the OpenAFS client
>transparently handles the additional hoop-jumping incurred by the
>layering) rather than a solution like gssklogd in its current state
>(where the user has to download and compile some separate utility and
>generally expend a lot of extra effort).

Be careful; in one sense, krb524d and gssklogd are basically the same
program, especially in terms of client transparency.  It's just that
the utilities to use one of them are much more widespread.

--Ken