[OpenAFS] Re: butc segmentation fault in 1.4.0 volrestore

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko@cs.unc.edu
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:13:37 -0500

I believe I resolved the butc problem. I recompiled butc on the machine
I am running butc on:

sopko@quail:6% cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 6)
sopko@quail:7% uname -a
Linux quail.cs.unc.edu 2.4.21-37.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Sep 7 13:28:55 EDT
2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

The volrestore worked fine.

I was using the butc that came with the following rpm on the latest
sources page under RedHat Enterprise Linux 3:

RPMS/i386/openafs-1.4.0-rhel3.1.i386.rpm (2MB)
[MD5: f0ab66b0e30c882d4c4c1cb3c6114e6a]

I just replaced the butc, hopefully there is not any other issues with
other executables, seems to be ok so far. It is nice not to have to
build rpms.

I used the default options for lwp:

# ./configure --help|grep lwp
   --enable-debug-lwp                    enable compilation of the LWP
code with debugging information (defaults to disabled)
   --disable-optimize-lwp                disable optimization for
compilation of the LWP code (defaults to enabled)

Looks like this enables LWP be default.

Thanks for the reponse!

--
John W. Sopko Jr.               University of North Carolina
email: sopko AT cs.unc.edu      Computer Science Dept., CB 3175