[OpenAFS] Last Update not updating?

Mike Polek mike@pictage.com
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:40:45 -0800

The vos release won't actually do any volume copying
if things are already up-to-date, but it takes a lot
longer to issue a vos release on a set of, say, 10
volumes than to check the dates and release the
one that has been updated.

Any chance of adding a switch to the vos exam command
so that if you do something like

vos exam my.vol -sync -cell pictage -local

you get the old behavior, and without the -sync
you get the new behavior? If I issue the 10
vos release commands, it will have to sync
anyway, and apparently do a lot more stuff.
Since I'm interested in the Last Update
field, it would be helpful to have a way to
make sure it's accurate. For the times when
I don't care, of course the new behavior is
preferable.

Just a thought.

Thanks!
Mike

--
Michael Polek
Manager of System Operations

Confidentiality Notice:

This message, together with any attachments, is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
information that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination
or copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this item in error, please notify the original sender and
destroy this item, along with any attachments.