[OpenAFS] apache and home directories on with 1.4 client

Ron Croonenberg ronc@DePauw.edu
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:49:39 EST

Hello all,

I installed the OpenAFS client 1.4 on an FC3 machine.

I created a symbolic link  /home to /afs/mycell/home  but if I try to point a
browser to someone's public_html directory  in /home/~userid it says it cannot
find that url.  (On other machines running the OpenAFS client 1.2.13 it "just
seems to work)

I remember seeing a few msgs a few days ago about some homedirectory issues ?
is this related ?

thanks,

Ron

 Romance analysis like Quantum Mechanic observations subsumes
 the unavoidable drawback of an irreversible influence on the
 subjects as predicted by the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen effect.
 Ron Croonenberg                   | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator            | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience     | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University                 |
 275 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.            |