[OpenAFS] apache and home directories on with 1.4 client

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:35:12 -0800

Ron Croonenberg <ronc@DePauw.edu> writes:

> I installed the OpenAFS client 1.4 on an FC3 machine.

> I created a symbolic link /home to /afs/mycell/home but if I try to
> point a browser to someone's public_html directory in /home/~userid it
> says it cannot find that url.  (On other machines running the OpenAFS
> client 1.2.13 it "just seems to work)

> I remember seeing a few msgs a few days ago about some homedirectory
> issues ?  is this related ?

The other thing to double-check besides SELinux is to make sure that the
ownership of the symlink and the target directory is suitable for whatever
the Apache symlink following is configured to do.  For instance, if you're
using SymlinksIfOwnerMatch, then the Unix UID owner of the symlink and the
target directory have to be the same.