[OpenAFS] "mount -t nfs otherserver:stuff /vicepa" ==> bad?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 01:31:20 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Adam Megacz wrote:

> Yes, I know the thought of something like that probably makes many of
> you ill.  Unfortunately the networking people here aren't budging on
> letting me have two IP's for the same machine, and I need to get
> things up and running soon.

Well, do you care if your fileserver hangs clients when the nfs server
becomes unreachable?

As 2 registration issues, you register hardware addresses, right?

My father taught me to never give any more information than a
situation absolutely requires by screwing me when I did. It's one of those
lessons which will stick with me until the end of time, and while it
wasn't his intent, I thank him for it now. Missing one game of street
hockey was probably worth the lesson.

Be creative.

Derrick