[OpenAFS] Re: "mount -t nfs otherserver:stuff /vicepa" ==> bad?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:32:52 -0800

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
> Well, do you care if your fileserver hangs clients when the nfs server
> becomes unreachable?

No.  Or rather, the probability of the afs server itself becoming
unreachable is nearly as high, and I am comfortable with the
differential.

> As 2 registration issues, you register hardware addresses, right?
> Be creative.

Yes, I had considered that option, but the network ops people here are
even more omniscient and wrathful than John Lerchey.  Believe it.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380