[OpenAFS] Windows Client, quota and filemanager - no warning!

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:13:40 +0100

Todd M. Lewis wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>=20
>> I have tested the functionality on Windows 2003 SP1 and everything
>> behaves exactly as it should.   It doesn't matter whether I copy or
>> move from the command line or whether I drag/drop 1000 files or
>> whether I copy/paste files.  It all works just fine.
>>
>> So as far as I am concerned there is no bug [...]
>=20
>=20
> Great.
>=20
>> Now this thread began with Lars Schimmer indicating that he was
>> experiencing problems with two third party applications:
>> TotalCommander and Xplorer2. [...]
>=20
>=20
> I misinterpreted the message title ("...and filemanager") and "Xplorer2=
"
> as the Windows Explorer. My bad.  I had not run the test myself, and
> based on your report above, there's no point.
>=20
> Sorry for the waste of bandwidth, brainwaves, good will, etc.

I assumed the filemanagers are using the standard tools windows holds
for them.
I contacted the authors of totalcommander and asked for some help. It
seems they calculate the "disk full" message from available space :-(

But I've tested it today with Windows XP SP2 (latest patch from
yesterday), OpenAFS 1.4.0093 and with a OpenAFS 1.4.0 server.

A volume has 20 gig of data and 5 MB free space of quota.
No I copy from windows C: a 15 MB file via drag and drop (windows open
via My Computer) from C: to Y:/home/schimmer (while y: is a AFS Mount to
/afs/.cgv.tugraz.at/).
First 5 MB vopies well, but after 5 MB no progress happens and even NO
error code appears on screen. The copy process just wait and wait and
wait...
Am I doing anything wrong? Or is there something wrong with my windows?

Cya
Lars
- --
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel.: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
NEW PGP KEY! NEW!  PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723 NEW!