[OpenAFS] Re: troubleshooting when fileserver goes out to lunch?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:20:21 -0800

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Adam Megacz wrote:

>> Ok, I'm going to have to recompile with debug symbols.  The .deb
>> package is stripped (bummer).

> you don't even get function names?

You should get function names, I think.

Anyway, Adam, you can recompile the Debian package with debugging, which
may be easier than building OpenAFS yourself.  Try:

    apt-get source openafs
    cd openafs-1.4.0
    env DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt,nostrip debuild

You'll need to have an apt-src line in your sources.list file and will
need to install devscripts if you haven't.

Due to the way that the compiler flags are set in OpenAFS, noopt probably
won't actually work, but when it does it makes gdb a little saner.