[OpenAFS] Last Update not updating?

Kim Kimball kim.kimball@jpl.nasa.gov
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:42:46 -0700

I'd also like to see this option for "vos exa"

I know of several locations that use the vos exa update time to
determinie if a vos release is required.

This is especially important for cells with far flung fileservers over
low bandwidth links who are providing "vos release" capabilities to end
users via a srvtab/keytab or other mechanism.  One former client
discovered that the end users were likely to call "vos release" without
being sure if the volume had been updated or not.  "Just in case."

We used the vos exa update times to filter out volumes whose RW parents
had not been updated relative to the ROs.

Kim Kimball