[OpenAFS] Re: troubleshooting when fileserver goes out to lunch?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:15:11 -0800

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
> On Sat, 14 Jan 2006, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> Despite the fact that the Debian package is explicitly built with
>> --enable-debug --enable-lwp-debug.  *sigh*

>> I don't think I understand what I need to do to fix this.

> install being invoked to strip binaries, perhaps?

strip is called explicitly, yeah, but that should leave the function
names, shouldn't it?  Or am I confused?

If it's just that strip removes that information, then rebuilding with
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS set to nostrip will give you packages that still have
debugging information.