[OpenAFS] Hierarchic Replicating

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:56:19 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Erland Fristedt X3M (KI/GIS) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hmmm, do you mean that I need to have three differnt cells or
> do a restore of the RO volume to a new RW volume?

Neither. I mean what I said. It's just not pretty, because you need to
force the release to fail, basically, and then complete it after you've
manually pushed the changes on the remote sites, so the actual work done
by the release in the step where you let it succeed is "none"

It's not worth seriously pursuing doing this, at least with the tools as
is.

> It could be done with the tools that exist but not easily or as intended.
> You could dump the readonly once it's replicated to the master in the
> remote location and then restore it to the other sites.

Derrick