[OpenAFS] Crash on Solaris 10 update 2

Tom Keiser tkeiser@gmail.com
Sun, 2 Jul 2006 10:45:11 -0400

On 7/2/06, Andrew Cobaugh <phalenor@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running Solaris 10 update 2, fresh install. OpenAFS 1.4.1.  I
> have /afs lofs mounted into several zones. If I try to rename a file
> within AFS from inside any of the zones, the machine immediately dumps
> core and reboots.
>
> I get the following on console after the crash (this particular
> instance was caused by Gallery v1 running under apache):
> http://www.phys.psu.edu/~phalenor/console_output
>
> I can also reproduce this by simply mv'ing a file in afs from within a zone.
>
> I can provide stacktraces from the core file if necessary to help in
> debugging this.
>
> Has anyone else seen this issue?

I've repro'd it with lofs in global and child zones.  gafs_rename()
incorrectly assumes v_path is always non-null.  Sometime around snv_21
the vnode path cache code in the kernel was substantially modified.
These changes were subsequently pulled up into s10u2.  See RT 34774.
Patch is also available at:

/afs/dementia.org/user/tkeiser/openafs/patches/solaris-vnode-path-cache-20060702.diff

-Tom