[OpenAFS] SuSE 10.1 kernel 2.6.16.13-4/64Bit compile error - OpenAFS 1.5.2

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:40:23 -0400

In message <8CF69FE07A8EC383D8FCD794@bistromath.pc.cs.cmu.edu>,Jeffrey Hutzelma
n writes:
>It's true that for bleeding-edge kernels, sometimes there's something new
>that we need to test for.  However, OpenAFS does build on 2.6.16 kernels,

while on this subject, it looks like it will be necessary to build a
complete module to test for certain features.  the latest bleeding edge
kernel has apparently made sys_open an exported gpl symbol.  so while the
symbol is present, it cant be used by osi_probe since openafs is not gpl.