[OpenAFS] SuSE 10.1 kernel 2.6.16.13-4/64Bit compile error - OpenAFS 1.5.2

Karsten Künne kuenne@rentec.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:03:20 -0400

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 19:48, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> On Monday, July 10, 2006 02:08:14 PM -0700 ted creedon
>
> <tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:
> > Is there any particular branch for 64 bit?
> > Tedc

I had the same or at least a similar error on SUSE 10.1 with 1.4.1 and it
turned out that SUSE requires a small change so that OpenAFS can find the
kernel headers. In the directory /lib/modules/2.6.16.13-4-smp (or -default if
you don't run the smp kernel) remove the link "build" and do "ln -s source
build" and also "mkdir extra" (otherwise "make install" will bomb). That
fixed it for me. And don't forget to run "make cloneconfig; make
modules_prepare" in the kernel source directory.

It had nothing to do with bleeding-edge kernels.

Karsten.
--
A CONS is an object which cares.
		-- Bernie Greenberg.