[OpenAFS] SuSE 10.1 kernel 2.6.16.13-4/64Bit compile error - OpenAFS 1.5.2

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:21:15 -0400

In message <D926CDB9E3672E5F38B5D18C@bistromath.pc.cs.cmu.edu>,Jeffrey Hutzelma
n writes:
>>   MODPOST
>> FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module libafs.ko uses GPL-only symbol
>> 'sys_open'
>
>Bastards.
>Well, I guess we could LINUX_VERSION_CODE it out or something.  I hate to
>break things if there's some older kernel where that's the only method that
>works (though I can't think of a case where exit+open is known to work and
>pattern scan isn't).

unfortunately LINUX_VERSION_CODE is fragile too.  just using the new build
test and building a complete module will let you check for this new
"sys_open is gpl'ed" condition.  this would make the page_follow_link()
easier too since you wont need the special -Werror.