[OpenAFS] using openafs client to server web pages

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 07:21:35 -0700

Look at the NetInfo file. Here Openafs looks at 10.1.1.193 as well as the
external IP address.

NetInfo would listen on all of:

198.168.10.5
198.168.10.6
198.168.10.7
198.168.10.8

Tedc
-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of David Bear
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:02 PM
To: openafs
Subject: [OpenAFS] using openafs client to server web pages

I am using openafs as the file store for my static web pages.

I am using ip address based acl's to control read access to afs space.

If I have an ip based virtual host and web clients connecting to one
of these requests a page, will the openafs client present 'that' ip
address to afs when getting the page? In other words, if my virtual
hosts are

198.168.10.5
198.168.10.6
198.168.10.7
198.168.10.8

and a web client connects to the virtual host 10.8, will openafs
attempt to connect to the afs server as 10.8 -- or will it use the
primary address of the server -- ie 10.5?

If the openafs client on the webserver will expect to connect to the
afs fileserver with the particular virtual host ip, then can I force
openafs to only bind to a single ip address? If so, how do I do that.

--
David Bear
phone: 	602-496-0424