[OpenAFS] iSCSI fileserver

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:27:43 -0500

James Durand wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> Is anyone using  iSCSI  to disk on a Linux server for OpenAFS file service? Do you use TOE card? How's the performance?
> We are planning to move to this configuration and would appreciate and info; performance, gotcha's, etc....
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Jim Durand
> Arizona State University
>
> "But it's a dry heat!"

I'm working on setting up a very small (one file server) configuration
like that now.
I'm not there yet, but I do have a system running (diskless) off one of
the StoreVault
S500 boxes. I'm going to give that a couple of weeks to demonstrate
stability, then
I'm going to try putting a vice partition on it as a read-only clone and
work my way
up from there.

We build an iSCSI offload adapter, so I'm working with that. But I don't
have any
figures for capacity or characteristics.