[OpenAFS] File count limitations?

Brady Catherman bradyc@uidaho.edu
Wed, 07 Jun 2006 09:59:44 -0700

Sorry to bug you all again, you guys have been a great help to me so
far! I have just noticed the file cont limitations within AFS volumes
(64K). I was not aware of this limitations before so now I am in kind
of a bind when it comes to figuring out a way to seamlessly move from
NFS to AFS. I have users with millions of files in there home
directories, as well as hundreds of thousands of files in a single
directory. My users can create thousands of files in a single run so
I need some kind of semi-automated system for handling this. Is
anybody running a system that handles a situation like this already?

thanks for any help you can provide! - Brady