[OpenAFS] Solaris9 , SolsiceDisk and AFS fsck-mess

Mathias Feiler feiler@uni-hohenheim.de
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:48:52 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello Listmember!

probably I bark the wrong (e.g. old) tree, however I need to know the
best way to come around.

I got this setup :
* Sun Fire V240 , Solaris9
* mirrored Systemdisks (Solaris Volume Manager a.k.a Solstice DiskSuite)
* Dualpath attached FC-raid (Solaris-package: "StorEdge SAN 4.4" )
* ufs on each Partition
* Systempartitions are "logging" , Vicepartitions are "nologging"
* AFS 1.4.1  - intented to be a fileserver
As known and done since ages I replaces the /usr/lib/fs/ufs/fsck with the
AFS-one.

THE PROBLEM :
A reboot (right after putting the AFS-fsck in place) brought up the Afs-fsck
which curled my rootpartition (d0) .... A few hand driven origin fsck runs
fixed the problem again.  I managed to reproduced this at least twice until
I was shore to the guilty in the AFS-fsck.
For now I help myself with a shell script in place of /usr/lib/fs/ufs/fsck
which in turn calles the approbiated fsck (fsck.afs or fsck.orig) depending
on the target.

QUESTION:
Is there a better way to comme around ?
Am I missed something important?
Do You need more Information ?

Sincerely Yours    Mathias Feiler

Fuer Rueckfragen  stehe ich gerne zur Verfuegung,  bevorzuge jedoch  tele-
fonische Kontaktaufnahme ( +49 711 459-3949 oder +49 179 6954907 ). Danke.

Hochachtungsvoll und mit freundlichen Gruessen   M.Feiler

----
Computer: Es gibt nur 10 Arten von Menschen -
solche die es begreifen und dann noch die andern.

Computer: There are only 10 kinds of people -
those who understand and those who don't.

PGP public key &  Homepage   :  http://www.uni-hohenheim.de/~feiler