[OpenAFS] batche queueing system

Brady Catherman bradyc@uidaho.edu
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:39:57 -0700

I wrap the shepherd program in a script that spawns the normal sge
shepherd in a pag shell running with k5start. (I am migrating from
k5start over to an inhouse modified version that has a single daemon
to manage all running jobs and such, including login shells through
pam and such.) This uses an AFS principal called <username>/batch
that is given access everywhere that the user needs access. It seems
to work really well and it handles long jobs that run for months on
end. It also required very little modification to SGE to get it
working =)