[OpenAFS] Windows AD + openafs integration

Sean Kennedy skennedy@tpno-co.org
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:38:54 -0700

List,

First up, forgive me if this is an obvious question; I'm still wrapping
my head around how afs works.

What I'd like to do is have openafs auth against my AD domain, going so
far as to dynamically create afs accounts based off of AD accounts.  Is
this possible?

So in my ideal setup, I wouldn't have to pre-create a user for afs if
they already exist in my AD tree.  Instead, on first log in, the account
is automatically created.  Further, the username/password info would be
taken directly from the AD tree.  This way, when a password changes, it
doesn't need to be changed in the afs tree as well.

I could get by with having to hand create the accounts in afs if I could
get auth working against AD.

Thanks in advance for your help!