[OpenAFS] afsdump_scan: large files?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:17:12 -0500

On Monday, February 13, 2006 02:11:06 PM -0500 "James E. Dobson"
<James.E.Dobson@Dartmouth.EDU> wrote:

> Does anyone have a working afsdump_scan for large files? I have a ~180G
> dumpfile that I'm trying to repair the root directory with. Looks like
> this might do it.
>
> [jed@bacchus tests]$ ./afsdump_scan /mnt/usr.kelley2.dump
> afsdump_scan: Value too large for defined data type opening
> /mnt/usr.kelley2.dump

Hm; that's interesting.  It should work for large dumpfiles, at least if
you're using the most recent code.  Please fetch a new version from
/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/systems-jhutz/dumpscan and see if you still have
the problem.  If so, contact me off-list and I'll see if I can help.

-- Jeff