[OpenAFS] Gentoo amd64: OpenAFS 1.4.1-rc6

Michael Conrad conradme@email.uc.edu
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:23:03 -0500

I have a thread on the Gentoo forums regarding this, now, telling a mostly
complete story.  Hopefully some more Gentoo folks will reply, and we can get
this figured out.
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-421500.html

The short of it is that Gentoo has two compiler toolchains on sparc: 32bit
for userspace, and 64bit for kernel modules (and kernel).  I think this
might create a mess, or maybe autoconf can automagically conjure something.
Also, I can't test any more of this until we (student-run lab, at a
university) get the kernel recompiled with gcc 3.4.  Details on forum.

-Mike