[OpenAFS] What filesystem?

Volker Lendecke Volker.Lendecke@SerNet.DE
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 23:30:04 +0100

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:22:55PM +0100, Horst Birthelmer wrote:
> >Anybody can see that some of very smart people made and use AFS, =20
> >but how can an overworked person like me convince my also =20
> >overworked boss that we should spend the money and time necessary =20
> >to learn, deploy, train, and support AFS enterprize-wide?
>=20
> This is something for you to decide...
> It will definitely cost you some money and time.

If you have one or two servers, AFS probably is not worth
the hassle. But AFS really pays off when you run out of
fingers to count your servers. I see the initial cost in
particular when you're new to AFS as relatively high, but in
the long run with a lot of servers around the world, you
will start to love it.

Volker
Samba Team ;-)

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv