[OpenAFS] Integrated Login on AIX 5.3

Hans-Gunther Borrmann hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:12:57 +0100

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 16:45, Jay Compton wrote:
> Do you make any modifications to your systems after a blank install other
> than installing the latest tarball (1.4.0) from OpenAFS and the changes to
> /usr/lib/security/methods.cfg and /etc/security/user? I've made all these
> changes to no avail so something must be different on my installation even
> though I tried a completely new AIX install. No matter what I do AIX
> doesn't seem to recognize the users from a login prompt, it's as if they
> don't exist.

Hello  Jay,
I did not make other modifications than those I told. I am running AIX  5.3
ML03 with the 32 bit kernel. What error message do you get during a login
attempt?
Hans-Gunther Borrmann <hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de>
Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg
Hermann-Herder-Str. 10, D79104 FREIBURG