[OpenAFS] Is OpenAFS for me?

Robbo ml@the-view.eclipse.co.uk
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 19:38:15 +0000

On 7 Mar 2006, at 18:01, Karl Bellve wrote:

> But, I would like to have a /afs/home that is 1TB made up of
> various computers/drives. If I add a new HD to a new computer, can
> I now expand /afs/home to include the size of the new HD, or must I
> make a new AFS?

A single volume can only be as big as the largest disk on one single
server.  So if you have 500GB on one server and another 500GB in
another you will have 1TB but not in the same directory (but sub-
directorys can be other AFS volumes) so /afs/home/bob is a volume
and /afs/home/fred is another and /afs/home/fred/mp3s can be another,
etc...