[OpenAFS] Re: aklog claims it can't contact KDC, but KDC is issuing tickets

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 08 Mar 2006 14:11:14 -0500

>Fascinating; before he was getting:
>
>  Kerberos error code returned by get_cred: -1765328228
>
>Now, using 'kvno', he gets:

See, I think Jeff is wrong with his explanation ... kvno and aklog should be
identical in terms of how they talk to the KDC.  In fact, I believe in an
earlier email you said that kvno returned the same error as aklog.

>  About to resolve name johnw@EECS.BERKELEY.EDU to id in cell research.cs.berkeley.
>edu.
>  Id ******
>  Set username to AFS ID ******
>  Setting tokens. AFS ID ****** /  @ EECS.BERKELEY.EDU
>  aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell research.cs.berkeley.edu (status: 11862790).

Didn't you say you had this problem on other systems? ... which I would
guess are temporary DNS problems.  It sounds like UDP has problems on
these networks ... dunno why, though.

--Ken