[OpenAFS] Re: Cache manager does not show (can not get) user token.

Mustafa A. Hashmi mahashmi@gmail.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:13:01 +0500

All:

I think I went astray during some of the re-trials that I tried to
preform. I have reinstalled the primary packages and gotten to the
same stage as before. Although the error message remains, the same,
aklog appears to resolve the name correctly to the ID:

# aklog -d node30.emergen.biz -k EMERGEN.BIZ
Authenticating to cell node30.emergen.biz (server node30.emergen.biz).
We were told to authenticate to realm EMERGEN.BIZ.
Getting tickets: afs/node30.emergen.biz@EMERGEN.BIZ
About to resolve name mustafa.hashmi.admin to id in cell node30.emergen.biz=
.
Id 1
Set username to AFS ID 1
Setting tokens. AFS ID 1 /  @ EMERGEN.BIZ

# tokens
Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 1) tokens for afs@node30.emergen.biz [Expires Mar 15 00:02]
   --End of list--

# bos listusers node30.emergen.biz -localauth
SUsers are: mustafa.hashmi.admin

# bos status node30.emergen.biz -localauth
Instance ptserver, currently running normally.
Instance vlserver, currently running normally.
Instance fs, currently running normally.
    Auxiliary status is: file server running.

# bos status node30.emergen.biz
bos: failed to contact host's bosserver (security object was passed a
bad ticket).

Thanks & regards,
Mustafa.
--

On 3/14/06, Mustafa A. Hashmi <mahashmi@gmail.com> wrote:
> All:
>
> I've run into a small problem with our openAFS installation. Running
> debian sarge and following Russ Allbery's instructions as found on:
> http://www.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2005-August/019061.html,
> I have managed to get to the following command this far:

*** truncated by sender ***