[OpenAFS] Cache problems, how best to flush the ENTIRE cache.

Dave Blakemore Dave Blakemore <daveblakemore@rogers.com>
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:31:08 -0800 (PST)

--0-1849953326-1143563468=:24443

I have the same problem on two identically build machines.

ls <dirname> shows the directory
ls -l <dirname> says the directory does not exist
cannot cd into the directory.
on the first machine an:   fs flushmount <dirname> cleared up the problem.

My concern was that this might not be the only cache location to be corrupt.
So on the second machine I decided to reboot, figuring that this would fix the problem and ensure that the whole cache was good.... but it did not, the cache is still corrupt and I can still not see or cd into the directory.

I am guessing that if I do an fs flushmount on the second machine it will also fix the problem, but this does not alleviate my concern that there are other sections of the cache that might also be suspect.

My question: Is there a way to completely flush the entire cache to ensure its integrity?

______________________
Dave
--0-1849953326-1143563468=:24443

<DIV>I have the same problem on two identically build&nbsp;machines.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>ls &lt;dirname&gt; shows the directory</DIV>
<DIV>ls -l &lt;dirname&gt; says the directory does not exist</DIV>
<DIV>cannot cd into the directory.</DIV>
<DIV>on the first machine an:&nbsp;&nbsp; fs flushmount &lt;dirname&gt; cleared up the problem.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My concern was that this might not be the only cache location to be corrupt.</DIV>
<DIV>So on the second machine I decided to reboot, figuring that this&nbsp;would fix the problem and ensure that the whole cache was good.... but it did not, the cache is still corrupt and I can still not see or cd into the directory.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am guessing&nbsp;that if I do an fs flushmount on the second machine it will also fix the problem, but this does not alleviate my concern that there are other sections of the cache that might also be suspect.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My question: Is there&nbsp;a way to completely flush the entire cache to&nbsp;ensure its&nbsp;integrity?<BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff>______________________</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff>Dave<BR></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV>
--0-1849953326-1143563468=:24443--