[OpenAFS] Large Data Storage

John Falk jdfalk@internet2.edu
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:18:08 -0500

I'm looking for a solution that would provide large amounts of data
storage and would be able to grow exponentially. I am a network
administrator for a school, like most schools right now budgets are
tight and our data storage needs are growing. I am looking to make a
giant raid5 out of retired machines. I was looking at the open-afs
project to create a network data storage cloud.  As machines are retired
they would be added to the data storage cloud and all data would be
split across several machines like raid5.  Is this or can this easily be
implemented using open-afs?

Johnathan Falk
Network Administrator