[OpenAFS] Problems with release

David Sonenberg dsonenberg@strozllc.com
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:32:50 -0500

On our 3 site openafs network the T1 between the main site and the
branches went down.  We recently got it back up but when I try to do a
vos release, I get the following error:

Failed to dump volume from clone to ro site: VOLSER:  Problems
encountered in reading the dump file !
The volume 536881008 could not be released to the following 1 site:
	brain.dc.secure /vicepa
VOLSER: release could not be completed
Error in vos release command.
VOLSER: release could not be completed.

Any help in debugging this would be appreciated.

--
David Sonenberg
Systems / Network Administrator

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No right to
confidential or privileged treatment of this message is waived or lost
by any error in transmission.  If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or by telephone at
212.981.6540, delete the message and all copies from your system and
destroy any hard copies.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.