[OpenAFS] libafs-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp.mp.ko does not exist. Not starting AFS.

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth@cern.ch
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:56:54 +0200

Thus spake Amar P. Patel (amar@omalas.com):
> I have a multiprocessor machine, however the module was created
> automatically during compilation using the kernel-sources.  Do I need
> to rename the module or create another one specifically for
> multiprocessing machine?  If so how do I create another module for my
> multiprocessor machine?

You need to build a module for the kernel you are running, so you need
to build a module for the multiprocessor kernel. I can't tell you how
this works with rpms, since I haven't touched any for six years now ...

   Hendrik

--
Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter
it every six months.      -- Oscar Wilde