[OpenAFS] libafs: falsely claims to have parameter sys_call_table_addr

Amar P. Patel amar@omalas.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:45:33 -0500

William John Murray wrote:

> Amar P. Patel wrote:
>
>> sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk wrote:

>>> Yes - this is caused by the Linux OpenAFS kernel module using a
>>> configuration interface which has been deprecated in the upstream
>>> kernel.
>>>
>>> There are patches to fix this in rc10 - but unfortunately, they're
>>> conditionalised on a 2.6.16 kernel - FC5 ships with a 2.6.16 release
>>> candidate, but gives it a 2.6.15 version number.
>>>
>>> You can either upgrade your kernel - FC5 now has a real 2.6.16
>>> kernel available from updates, or apply the patch that is bug #29112
>>>
>>> You'll also need the patch from bug #29122, or the alternative that
>>> was posted to this list earlier, to solve a problem with glibc's new
>>> setjmp behaviour.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Simon

>> I ran yum -y update kernel, and got the message:
>>
>> Could not find update match for kernel.
>>
>> Amar
>

> Probably the mirror picked for you is slow. Wait a few hours, or to
> force it try:
> yum update kernel kernel-devel --enablerepo=updates-testing
> That should bring in the 2080 kernel and its devel version.    Bill

I tried yum update kernel kernel-devel --enablerepo=updates-testing.
The command does not upgrade the kernel.

I also tried adding the following to /etc/yum.conf:
[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

Amar