[OpenAFS] Fedora 5

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:05:28 -0500

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 07:33:51PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> 1) There hasn't been an OpenAFS release that actually supports FC5
>    kernels, only a release candidate (1.4.1rc10)

This is also the case with the just-released FC4 update.

> And finally: I've been sick and therefore everything I've been doing
> since FC5 was actually released has been through a haze of Nyquil and
> sleep deprevation.

That sucks -- get better.

> Seriously, tho..  RPMs don't appear by magic.  It takes me several days
> of real time to build all the RPMs for all the various Red Hat / Fedora
> systems I still support.  It takes a not-insignificant amount of time
> to make sure the SPEC file works on all the platforms, and making sure
> I have all the right build options and whatnot.  But it also requires
> an OpenAFS release..  Which we still don't have.

It *is* a goal of Fedora folks to have OpenAFS in Fedora Extras. Like you, I
have limited time, but if this is done, it should take some of the pressure
off of you -- you could concentrate on building the RHEL packages and refer
people to us for Fedora.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org          <http://mattdm.org/>