[OpenAFS] rxtcp, rxutcp

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:23:17 -0500

>I checked out the rxtcp branch, and I'd like to give it a try, but I
>couldn't exactly find any documentation.  Any pointers on how to try
>it out?  I realize it's not ready for prime time yet.  If I just
>compile it up and install it does it listen for both rxudp and rxtcp
>connections?  How does the client decide which to use when initiating
>a connection?

There isn't much documentation because there really isn't much you have
to do to enable it; a compile will pick up the right bits.  But when I
said it wasn't ready for prime time, I really meant it.  Specifically:

- The file server doesn't quite work yet (I'm working on that now).
- I haven't started writing the bits that make cache manager work
  (my plan was to start testing it with a userspace client).

So unless you're ready to start developing the code, it's not going to
be useful.  Hopefully that will change in the not-too-distant future.

--Ken