[OpenAFS] libafs: module license 'http://www.openafs.org/dl/license10.html' taints kernel

John Hascall john@iastate.edu
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:01:52 CST

> I am setting up a server.  I have come this far and don't want to
> abandon my efforts.  I am familiar with /etc/fstab, but don't know what
> you mean by LVM.  Please elaborate to give me direction.

As Russ said, what that names of your disks are depends on your
system.  Alas, the name and format of this file also varies
depending on the operating system.  For example, on our NetBSD
based servers we have lines like this in our /etc/fstab:

/dev/ld0e /vicepa ffs rw 2 2

In our Solaris based servers the file is called /etc/mnttab and
they look like this:

/dev/dsk/c4t4d0s7 /vicepa ufs largefiles,dev=12c0007 1133764210

I seem to recall you were building a Linux based server of
some flavor, so looking in the file /var/log/dmesg may help
you know what your disks are called and "man fstab" (and/or
looking at the existing entries in /etc/fstab) will tell you
how to format lines for your system.

John