[OpenAFS] /dev/rd/c0do is apparently in use by the system.

Carsten Schulz-Key openafs@oo-design.org
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:46:55 +0200

--==_Exmh_1143834415_2170P

=22Amar P. Patel=22 wrote:
>I entered the entry=20
>/dev/rd/c0d0            /vicepa                 ext2    defaults        =
0 2

>In /etc/fstab.  When I run mkfs -v /dev/rd/c0d0, I get an error saying
>/dev/rd/c0d0 is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesys=
tem
>here=21

No, /dev/rd/c0d0 is the whole RAID array... you can not use that. From th=
dmesg output it seems you are also using LVM (logical volumes). There is =
no way
that someone on the list can help you. You just did not provide enough
information. Maybe you could try and use the (graphical) tool that was us=
ed
during the installation of your computer to create a partition for /vicep=
a ...

If the whole space is assigned to your / partition you could also just cr=
eate=20
a directory /vicepa and create an empty file AlwaysAttach in it.

HTH,
Carsten

--==_Exmh_1143834415_2170P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2i

iQEVAwUBRC2HL+VLLWKtJb4RAQGRUwgAqTkYJ8T0dZAXPUz5sboDSTOeE+S/q0se
ydlTRY59YDmpEDJr3o+y3Q/8PPkW41rENz+0C6W3a6KGphzcKmj//8Gf656caLhb
gPwjNnVEzr+/C3xBA7iGXct3SaabB+gbQwPJRgsIvpc3hfoRjMi3v/WKCZQ2jDQC
qfcVm/0GkQjPq/i1Oz4ECP61UMpGviQk5wEAz0jqsrXSF+NJ2UGVf5nPsQBxHG+a
oS1djtjZ8w4cWv9sT1iD4g1I/aBE9K5PAUITYMVFIk9bklnUDIOMbVG0OxKx19Fl
p+xeFi7ZQbD3ir+HQpS8a/C0xzhzq5AmoeUB72tzEXR6Ima2C/lg7w==
=6Ut5
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1143834415_2170P--